Sunday, November 13, 2011

Floating Candles


Don't ask me how or why I still have these floating candles from when I went to Germany.

And not from my mission to Germany in 2004...

but from my high school trip there to visit an exchange student I had become friends with while she was here.

But I had them, and I had been waiting for the perfect time to use them. One Monday afternoon turned out to be just the right time. I brought them out for an afternoon of fun with the kids, and we were not disappointed!


Hours of fun, y'all. I'm not exaggerating.


We watched them float around the tub, blowing on them from the side to push them along or swirling the water in the opposite end to make little waves.

Then as the wax melted into a little pool at the base of the wick, sometimes it would spill over the side of the candle and instantly harden as it hit the water, making hard little wax puddles surrounding the candle. Once two candles were near each other when they both spilled little wax puddles and instantly hardened together. Candles holding hands. I have to admit I was fascinated too.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, you guys always have the best kinds of fun. It makes me want to play at your house every day, just hoping that some of your fun finesse will rub off on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time. Please remind me nest time you come to Shuswap to get out the floating candles that are stored at the lake. I would love to use all those floating bugs and flowers up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented and ambitious!! That is a beautiful shelf, not to mention beautiful kids. I love your pictures of Canada too. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete