This was Senya's year for a big Friend Party. (For birthdays, we've decided to alternate friend parties with special family outings. Last year, we went to Kiddie Acres, and she's still talking about it.)
Fall weather is usually pretty nice in Central Texas, so I opted for an outdoor location. At a park near our house, I accidentally found out about this sweet little pavillion, tucked away 1/4 mile down a path that we lined with signs and balloons to show the way.
The month before, I had won a face painting session from a friend of mine at a church auction, and I knew it would be perfect for this. The kids got their faces painted, played on the playground and in the woods while we got everything ready, and then we had lunch.
At the risk of traumatizing small children (and in the name of Bates Family practical jokes), Trent dressed up in a black cape and stole the presents. The kids had to figure out clues to find out where the presents were hidden. It was a memorable game with a tearful beginning and a joyful ending.
Then we finished up things with a cookie cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream (Senya's favorite) and handed out punch balloons as party favors.
Here are some of my favorite photos of her from the last year:
There was a little girl
who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead
(aka Trent styles her hair)
Early in 2011, wearing Mommy's boots
Love the two bugs jumping on the trampoline. Wyona and barrettes are good time, I remember. Sounds like a great party!
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures of the party. Two days and we will be there to party with you. Oh we share take lots of pictures and have lots of fun times.
ReplyDelete