Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ivan Turns 2

Happy Birthday, Ivan! In January, he turned 2 and we celebrated by inviting my parents down for dinner and cake. I tell myself there are plenty of years for themed birthday parties with a guest list, party hats, and the works.


Oh, Ivan, you...

...can't pronounce an initial 's', so Senya is 'Denya'
...think your name is Denya too
...love swinging at the park and seeing the fish in the stream
...finally love books and blankets
...love playing "baby" with Senya (as in, being the baby)
...love jumping on the trampoline
...know how to say so many words including 'Taco Bell', 'shriptures' and 'Daddy's Home!' (in no particular order of importance)
...don't know that your obsession for putting on lotion and chapstick and wearing Senya's headbands will at some point be a distant and embarrassing memory
...helping Mom in the kitchen
...being outside



The kids get the "party" off to a great start with dancing to some Primary songs.




For anyone who is still on the Nature vs. Nurture fence, Trent and I can both testify that Ivan was born loving vehicles. He was making the "vroom" sound as soon as he could push a car around. A car mat from his grandparents made the perfect gift.




When we were brainstorming for cake ideas, Senya insisted that he wanted a Farm Cake. I couldn't argue; the boy does like animals and singing "Old McDonald Had a Farm", so it seemed as good an idea as anything I could come up with. As you can tell, I put more effort into the actual flavor of the cake (our beloved carrot cake recipe) than I did into the decorating.

3 comments:

  1. These kids get big so fast! We miss you guys tons...lets plan a play date soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't he just barely learn to walk? How can he already be two? Are you sure he is two, so soon?

    ReplyDelete