Sunday, August 14, 2011

Have you heard of this? Ldsjournal.com

Someone mentioned the website ldsjournal. com in Sunday School, and I looked at it when I got home. I'm going to love this! It's a free website (you can pay for extra features) for journaling. There's not anything specifically 'lds' about the website that I can tell, aside from the fact that they appeal to that crowd.

I'm not sure if it will totally replace my handwritten journal, but it seems like it would be really useful for a lot of things. Like looking up a particular story or event and for safekeeping written memories in case of fire, flood, etc. I know a lot of people see their blog as a journal, but there are still things that I don't want the world to know, so this seems like a great option.

On the website, of course, you can make dated entries, but the best part is that you can search by keyword, or make tags, or add an afterthought or footnotes. I wish I had a way to add afterthoughts on my middle school journals because I need a few disclaimers on some of those entries (like: Dear Descendants Who Are Reading This: just so you know, I did grow out of this phase.) It would also be great for looking up relevant personal stories for talks, speeches, or lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment