If there can be Christmas in July, then surely I can do a Halloween in March post. I never posted these pictures from fall, and I thought they were too cute not to share.

We visited a local pumpkin patch where the kids got to pick out a pumpkin and do other activities.

Senya liked the mini-pumpkin craft, which mostly involved gluing on yarn hair and drawing eyes with a marker.

The kids were brave to go on a train ride without me. Ivan had been having some severe separation anxiety, but the lure of the train won him over. Ezra had just fallen asleep in the stroller and I was trying to figure out how to get him on the train without waking him up, but the kids were fine to go with some other moms and friends who were with our group.

Senya loved holding Ezra on the hay ride.
Ivan discovered tetherball.

Getting ready to go trick-or-treating. As Peter Pan and Tinkerbell if you couldn't tell. Senya already had the perfect green fairy dress from Grandma Wyona, and then we made green tulle pompoms with bells on them for her sandals. Then she picked out fairy wings from the Dollar Tree and carried a ribbon streamer wand. Ivan's costume involved a thrifted green shirt cut into zigzag edges with a belt from the costume box (also contributed by Grandma Wyona), brown shirt, some old brown leggings of Senya's, and a felt Peter Pan hat, complete with red feather.
Now they're really ready with candy-collecting buckets. We didn't see much need to do more than our little street to keep the candy intake to a minimum. But there weren't that many trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood this year, so every door they went to gave them a big handful to get rid of the candy. Ivan wore the hat for all of the 2 minutes it took to snap these pictures. It didn't help that it didn't stay on very well.
Ezra was the crocodile, with the cutest hat EVER that I made out of a visor, but I don't have a picture of it. I'd be willing to dress him up all over again because it turned out so cute and he was young enough to not even mind the hat being on.
Too cute! Now if you were here, you would put winter coats, toques, and gloves on your kids before you sent them out trick or treating. What's the point of a costume? I don't know, but we still do it... costume, then winter wear, then candy. Time to consider actually holding Halloween in the summer in Canada!
ReplyDeleteI loved halloween when we lived in the tropics. No shoe shoes, coats, gloves. The girls wore fringed dresses and the boys soldier costumes. I found some of that halloween candy in Jamie and Trent's closet. I think my mother has come back to haunt me because she took our halloween candy and gave it back to us at Christmas or whenever.
ReplyDelete