I fell in love with Lara bars the very first time I saw them. I hadn't even tasted them, but I just knew they were the snacks for me (except for the fact that they cost $1 a piece). A few months ago, we tasted a couple different kinds after buying them on sale, and ever since then I've been trying to find a way to make them at home. It didn't sound hard: the selling point of the bars were that they contained simple ingredients and usually no more than 4 or 5 ingredients total (and none that you can't pronounce). So, Trent took the initiative and made up a batch of bars, using the Chocolate Coconut Lara bar as inspiration.
It was Ivan's first time helping in the kitchen, and our first time having 2 kitchen helpers, so things were somewhat chaotic and extremely messy, but they turned out so tasty! We used a handheld chopper to chop the dates, then mixed in cocoa powder, coconut, walnuts, and almonds (couldn't tell you the amounts since we tasted and added as we went).
Ivan is a little upset in the picture due to some fighting over whose turn it was to stir.
Looks like Senya has moved from the spoon fight to sneaking a raisin out of the bowl. He he! I shall try these soon. I need good snack food while I read, read and read more.
ReplyDelete