Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ivan Eats Rice Cereal


I love how everything is so exciting for kids. Never in my life would I consider eating a new food a news headline, but when it's my kid who's doing it, I want to tell the world. My all-time favorite book for baby food is "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron. We made most of Senya's baby food, but she wasn't a fan of rice cereal at first. For Ivan, I cooked up some brown rice and then put it in the blender with enough water to make it a good consistency. Then we froze the whole batch in ice cube trays and just pop out one whenever we need one. I wouldn't say that he loves it, but he will try some and then just grin and grin until somehow it manages to go down, so I guess he likes it okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment